Main Page - Uzbekistan Tourism - Tashkent Hotels - Tourism Agencies - Airlines


In June of 1992. with a resolution of the Russian Federation Government, Aeroflot - Soviet Airlines was reorganized, becoming Aeroflot - Russian International Airlines. Aeroflot is a public joint-stock company, with 51 % of the stock owned by the government and the remaining 49% belonging to the employees. More than 14 thousand people work for the airline.

Aeroflot - Russian International Airlines flies to 143 destinations in 93 countries and provides 70% of all the international air transport performed by Russian airlines. Airbridges in the former USSR connect Moscow with Riga, Tashkent, Vilnius, Kiev, Baku, Yerevan, Tbilisi, Simferopol, Novosibirsk, Khabarovsk, Yakutsk, Neryungri and St. Petersburg.

Every year, Aeroflot is adding more and more routes. For instance, from 1994 to 1996 flights to St. Petersburg, Novosibirsk, Yakutsk, Neryungri, Khabarovsk and Osaka were introduced. Flights to the Mexican resort town of Cancun and the island of Mauritius began to be offered in November of 1996, and to Bishkek, the capital of Kyrghyzstan, in 1997.

Contact Information:

In Tashkent:

Aeroflot
Russian International Airlines
5A, A. Kadiriy str.
Tashkent, Uzbekistan 700000
Tel: 41-57-17


Aeroflot
630 Fifth Avenue, Suite 1710,
New York, NY 10111
tel: 1-212-3321050
fax 3321047
Also, you can check out their homepage at http://www.aeroflot.ru


Main Page - Uzbekistan Tourism - Tashkent Hotels - Tourism Agencies - Airlines


Copyright © 1998-2000 UzLand, Inc.,